New mortgage rules, which take effect next year, were issued last week. Since may of our clients purchase existing homes with an eye towards renovating them even before moving in, we thought we’d put together a quick roundup of major news coverage on these new rules to help you get a feel for what they might mean to you.
So, without further ado, here are links to seven articles looking at the new mortgage rules, each with its own perspectives and insights.
- Ten Questions On The New Mortgage Rules
- New Mortgage Rules: A Checklist For Consumers
- Could New Tighter Mortgage Rules Actually Ease Lending?
- CFPB Releases New Mortgage Rules In Bid To Reduce Risky Lending
- New Mortgage Rule Aims To Protect Borrowers
- Consumer Groups Criticize New Mortgage Rules
- Beware The Escape Hatch In The New Mortgage Rules
We recommend taking any specific questions you might have about the new rules to your real estate or financial professional. And when it comes time to remodel that newly purchased home, Watermark & Company will be here to help.