When it comes to planning a new home construction, home addition or structure rebuild, you want to make sure you have the right people working on it. Having the best contractor or project manager leading a team of home designers and builders not only eases your mind, but means a job will get done in a timely manner. You’ll also get to enjoy your new home or renovated space sooner with the help of reputable building professionals. So, since your decision can mean the difference between a high quality home build and an expensive failed home project, it would behoove you to do a little legwork first.
Let’s take a look at some of the steps you should take before deciding on a contractor or project manager for design build in Austin, TX:
- Ask family and friends: Everybody knows somebody who’s done a big home renovation project or new home build. Reach out to family members and friends for their recommendations, and if you desire a team experienced in quality design build services, make that point clear.
- Talk to your neighbors: You may have nearby neighbors who’ve recently commissioned a new home construction or room addition. Even if there’s a business sign out front with a number to call, don’t hesitate to ask the homeowner a few questions about their experience. And if you see the team in action or get a chance to speak with the contractor on-site, that’s even better!
- Post a note on the office bulletin board: Every office has a bulletin board in the break room where you can share all sorts of things with coworkers. So instead of sending a group email asking for design build contractor recommendations, take the approach that is likely to be seen more than once: a note in the break room.
- Search the Internet: Whether you have companies written down to look up, or this is the start of your search, the Internet is an excellent source for finding the right contractor or project manager for your home project. Scan company websites, read client feedback pages and check out the services each offers, then decide if you want to make contact.
- Meet in person: After you’ve talked on the phone, ask to meet in person. Meeting face to face is a great way to get a better read on a person, as well as a perfect opportunity to ask your list of questions and concerns. Try to get an office tour to meet other team members.
- Ask to see past projects: An important step is asking to see past home projects. Flip through design drafts, layout concepts and photos of final constructions. Do this even though you may not understand what you are looking at. You can also request a walk-through of a newly completely home, if possible.
How does having a single team working on your architectural designs, home layout, custom home build and everything in between sound? If you would like to hire a company that specializes in full service design build in Austin, TX, look no further than the experienced team at Watermark & Company.