When your budget is limited but your home needs upgrades, your focus needs to be where you can get the most bang for your buck. Remodeling contractors in Austin, TX frequently notice how some remodels pay off more than others in terms of home value and usefulness to residents. If you are considering a remodel, here are the projects most worth your time and dollars:
• Kitchens: There is nothing petty about wanting a modernized kitchen. New developments in efficiency and accessibility make a new kitchen a sought-after project that pays for itself for years in the future. If you are selling a home, stainless steel appliances and new counters are often all you need to close the deal. Kitchen remodeling does not have to be all-encompassing. We can examine your kitchen and design changes from the basic face-lift to a complete reconstruction.
• Bathrooms: Like kitchens, bathrooms have big impacts when it comes to home value. Stained tubs and broken bath tiles go beyond looks and affect your overall morale. If the bathroom is small, we can also make better use of space with strategic shelving and improved layouts. There are many options for bathrooms that only depend on your budget or vision. You do not have to spend a lot of money to enjoy a better, more modern bathroom.
• Floors: Going from carpet to hardwoods offers many advantages in terms of appearance, ease of maintenance and even controlling allergies. Hardwoods are also very popular and appropriate for any room in the house. You also have the option of stone floors in bathrooms or kitchens, and can even install in-floor heating. Think beyond carpet and see how new floors can improve the look and cleanliness of your home.
• Wood decks: Outdoor improvements also yield big impacts. If you do not have a deck outside, this addition can make a big difference in home value and your enjoyment. This addition has one of the highest returns on investment, with most decks recouping an average of over 80 percent of the cost. There is no reason to settle for a concrete patio when a beautiful wood deck expands options for enjoying and selling your home.
• Attic bedrooms: The attic bedroom is a favorite among homeowners. This improvement does not require expanding the roof and foundation of your home—it is mainly a better use of space. You can convert the attic for other purposes, too, like a home office or a child’s playroom. This project is a cost-effective way to add extra space with less effort than if you were to build a new addition.
• Finish your basement: Your basement does not need to remain the creepy place that is home to your furnace. The possibilities for basements are endless; they can become media rooms, guest bedrooms, craft rooms or even an efficiency apartment if you want to bring in extra rental income.
Watermark & Company are among the most skilled and reliable remodeling contractors in Austin, TX. Call us today to discuss your ideas.